• Responsibility for projects from start to finish
• Read and diagnose blueprints
• Analyze estimates
• Order and verify materials
• Pre-plan execution of projects and develop project schedules
• Manage contract — develop schedule of values and ensure that contract language matches company-prepared estimates
• Review plans and specs to ensure all project requirements are met
• Manage detailing and engineering vendors and oversee drawing submittal process
• Write RFIs and coordinate all communication between the client and the Company
• Conduct jobsite walks with clients and company field superintendents prior to project start to address site conditions and during active projects to monitor site progress
• Coordinate shop fabrication and erection schedules with client and internal production team
• Coordinate with Accounting department to ensure accurate and timely billing of all projects
• Coordinate the work with other trades
• Document and create change orders to ensure payment for all extra work. Negotiate change orders with clients.
• Manage safety issues on active projects
• Manage costs on projects to achieve budgeted profit margins
• Resolve issues of design and contract compliance with the general contractor and/or architect.
• Maintain coordination and communication required on projects between Contractors, Sub-Contractors, Engineers and internal project management team.
• Minimum 7-10 years’ work experience in construction industry and architectural metals
• Experience in multi-unit construction or commercial construction required
• Experience with a top-tier general contractor preferred
• Experience in structural steel, miscellaneous steel, or ornamental iron preferred but not required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Must be able to multi-task
• Manage multiple jobs simultaneously
Flynn Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply. Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then we invite you to apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org