Our Design Assist program includes assistance in the development of project details and product specifications, utilizing industry standard product performance data and relevant industry engineering standards. We would attend, and contribute to the design team meetings through the development of construction issue documents. Our primary focus would be to maintain both the constructability and adherence to the cost parameters of all elements within our scope of work. With this in mind our proposal is based on shop drawings being generated concurrently with the design development process in order to allow for submission to coincide with the final approved design.
When Flynn is pre-selected as your building envelope contractor we can provide you with the following design assistance services in order to help develop a final generation of construction documents.
- Work with the owner/developer to establish a guaranteed maximum price (GMP) for our scope of work
- System and detail simplification
- Cost saving evaluations
- Product options
- Scope revisions
- Design assistance and application of project specific primary and secondary framing systems
- Anchor details and anchorage point recommendations
- Engineering analysis and structural recommendations
- LEED recommendations and Green initiatives
- Glazed framing systems and infill options (vision glass, spandrel panels, back pans, shadow box etc.)
- Architectural panel framing systems and options (aluminum plate, metal composites, zinc, stainless steel, titanium, copper, metal mesh, terra cotta, wood veneer, metal roofing, etc.)
- Roofing systems and options (SBS, EPDM, TPO, PVC, hot liquid applied, sheet metal flashings, etc.)
- Flynn maintains strategic partnerships with some of the industry’s most respected systems manufacturers.
Simplification of Interface Conditions
- Air and vapour barrier continuity
- Termination detail recommendations at work by other trades
- Sample submissions
- System testing
- Shop drawing, material procurement, fabrication and installation scheduling